Re: Updated: "Web Accessibility is Smart Business" Presentation

  Thanks for the comments, Cliff. Replies below.

On 3/30/2011 8:53 PM, Cliff Tyllick wrote:
> Hi, Shawn!
>
> No trouble with downloading and opening the file at home tonight, so last time must have been a random event.
>
> In slide 7, there seems to be a text box containing only a percent symbol not quite superimposed on the percent symbol in "57%." So, in addition to being unnecessary, it looks bad.

It has to do with the way the slide builds. We'll need to decide if we need to simplify the way the builds are handled for less experienced presenters. At the very least, we'll need to explain it clearly.

> In the benefits of alt text slide, I think the rewrite you did addresses the concerns I had. Highlighting the subjects of the verb "benefits" ("users" and "organizations") makes it clear that it's a verb. But how about adding this point to the speaker notes: Another group who might turn images off is people at a large conference, where hundreds or even thousands of people are sharing a common wifi connection. (Who hasn't had painfully slow downloads at some point in a SxSW or DrupalCamp or unconference?) So that group will benefit from alt text, too.
While I agree that is another benefit, I'm not sure it's strong enough or common enough to add here. We want to keep the presentation short.

Thanks,
~Shawn