Re: Call for Review: Improving Access to Government through Better Use of the Web

As usual, I come late to this dance. As I read the fairly ponderous
Introduction I am struck by the near-total inattention to the citizens' role
in deference to the governments' roles. This is a pervasive trend leading
from the ideals of the Web towards yet another top-down version of what we
are about. One thing we must provide to this undertaking is the Disability
Rights Movement's central mantra: "Nothing About Us Without Us" - and this
goes well beyond Accessibility for People With Disabilities - all the way to
pure Usability/Accessibility for People (full stop).

I don't know what to do about this as it seems to be permeating so much of
our effort. So I will raise this flag but don't really know what else to do.

*Quit maintaining that there must be some central authority in all of these
matters. eGovernment cannot survive being just a remap of
outmoded/ineffective versions of a bunch of fat/old/white men running
everything.*

Love.