From Song: Plans for WCAG in Korea

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[RE]EOWG IRC and meeting minutes from last week
Date: 	Fri, 19 Dec 2008 05:57:11 +0900 (KST)
From: 	¼ÛÀçÀÏ <jaeil@kado.or.kr>
CC: 	sjaeil@gmail.com

Dear EOWG in W3C WAI participants

Sorry for sending e-mail late, under "Plans for WCAG in Korea" mentioned
from last Friday.

I am happy to introduce about activities for WCAG 2.0 in Korea.

1. Translation of WCAG 2.0 educational material, based on ¡®The Policy
for Authorized W3C Translations¡¯.

We have a plan to officially translate W3C WCAG 2.0 educational
documents and use them to adopt new web accessibility technologies in
WCAG 2.

Below is the list for translation in 2009.

 1. The WCAG 2.0 Documents
 2. Understanding WCAG 2.0
 3. Techniques for WCAG 2.0.

2. Seminar and Workshop on KWCAG, including WCAG 2.0

 Two large scale seminars in 2009 are scheduled to be held on KWCAG,
including WCAG 2.0.

3. One IT specialized newspaper in Korea already reported WCAG 2.0
release

 We provided information on WCAG 2.0 to newspaper report.
 Series of articles in newspapers can be dealt with Web accessibility in
2009.

4. Campaign on improving web accessibility, with major web business sites.

Advertising about articles on mandatory web accessibility in
Anti-discrimination and remedies against persons with disabilities
law(issued in 2007, enacted in 2008) to raise up public awareness on Web
accessibility

5. Updating Korea Web Content accessibility standard (KWCAG) 1.0 in 2009

 We will have significant influence by WCAG 2.0 in newly building
up KWCAG 2.0.

I can write up articles on WCAG 2.0 in the magazines for Web designer,
developers.

Best regards

Song Jaeil, Korea

¼ÛÀçÀÏ

Çѱ¹Á¤º¸¹®È­ÁøÈï¿ø

µðÁöÅÐÁ¢±ÙÁö¿ø´Ü Á¢±Ù±âȹÆÀ

Song Jaeil
Researcher
Digital Access Team
Korea Agency for Digital Opportunity & Promotion (KADO)

[DeungChon-Dong] 188, GongHangRo
GangSeo-Gu, Seoul, 157-715, Republic of Korea

T. +82-2-3660-2576
F. +82-2-3660-2579
M. +82-11-775-5769
E-mail. jaeil@kado.or.kr <mailto:jaeil@kado.or.kr>