How WCAG 2.0 Differs from WCAG 1.0 - heading comment [was: Preparation for 19 December 2008 teleconference]

Wayne Dick wrote:

> Concerning the Differences between WCAG 1.0 and 2.0:
>
> The title of the first section does not match the content.  I was
> confused because I was expecting a discussion on WCAG 2.0 documents, not
> its content.
> I suggest:
> "Improvements in Usability of WCAG Guidelines"
>
> Wayne

Thanks for posting the comment with idea to the list well before the teleconference, Wayne.

For reference:
page title: "How WCAG 2.0 Differs from WCAG 1.0"
page URI: http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/from10/diff.php

Current section heading: "Improvements in WCAG 2.0 Documents"
Current content is at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/from10/diff.php#improved> and below [1]

Some brainstorms for different section heading:
1. Improvements in Usability of WCAG Guidelines
2. Improvements in WCAG 2.0
3. How 2.0 better meets your needs
4. What WCAG 2 gives you
5. ??? *please send additional brainstorms to the list* and then we'll briefly discuss on the teleconference this week as needed.

Thanks,
~Shawn
-------

[1]
WCAG 2.0 applies more broadly to different types of Web technologies and to more advanced technologies. It is designed to apply as technologies develop in the future.

The WCAG 2.0 requirements are more precisely testable with automated testing and human evaluation. This allows WCAG 2.0 to be more easily used where specific requirements and conformance testing are necessary, such as in design specifications, purchasing, regulation, and contractual agreements.

WCAG 2.0 was developed in coordination with international efforts to harmonize on a single standard for Web content.

Along with WCAG 2.0 there is extensive support material with guidance and examples, making it easier to understand and use.

See the Benefits of WCAG 2.0 presentation.