RE: MWBP-WCAG Relationship doc open issues [was Re: Prep for 3 October EOWG: Updated documents]

Replies below prefaced w/LP

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Shawn Henry
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 3:43 PM
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Cc: achuter@technosite.es
Subject: MWBP-WCAG Relationship doc open issues [was Re: Prep for 3 October EOWG: Updated documents]

Thanks, Alan, for keeping track of these.

Replies below prefaced with SLH:

Alan Chuter wrote:

> MWBP WG has raised an issue about the "together" section [1] which we
> should discuss tomorrow.
>
> There are still three items on the to-do list, from our last call:
>
> Shawn & Alan - look at how to put preference on WCAG 2.0 in both the
> overview and also in the subpages. [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2008/09/19-eo-minutes.html#action01]

SLH: In the Overview, we added "WCAG 2.0 was approved in [future date] and W3C encourages organizations to focus on WCAG 2.0 instead of only WCAG 1.0." How about adding that to the 2 subpages that cover WCAG 1.0?

LP: +1

> Alan/Shawn consider subnav on Overview page [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2008/09/19-eo-minutes.html#action06]

SLH: The W3C site redesign includes much better navigation for technical reports. The redesign may be implemented by the time this doc is completed. I propose that we not spend resources adding a subnav now, given that it will be taken care of by the redesign. Thoughts?

LP: +1

> Consider add link to the contents (like on other pages...) [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2008/09/19-eo-minutes.html#action07]

SLH: Some options:
1. Leave it off, given that the redesign will take care of it soon.
2. Add a link within the Overview tab button, e.g.: Overview (Contents)
3. Add it like <http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/>. Note that this does not work well because of the tab buttons at the top ([Overview][MWBP to WCAG 2.]...
4. Other ideas?

LP: I advocate leaving it off pending the redesign (opt.1)

All for now...

~Shawn