Re: EOWG's replies to WCAG WG resolutions of EOWG comments on May 2007 Draft of WCAG 2.0

Dear Shawn,

The word "mechanism" was added specifically to allow pages to either provide
the information on the page or to provide a mechanism for obtaining the
information.   Removing the word Mechanism would not allow the latter or
could lead to argument as to whether the latter was allowed (thus rendering
the SC untestable and contestable).

We also determined that we cannot use the phrase "users can" since
there is no way for an author to determine what a user can do.  And in fact
it is known that there will always be some user with extreme and or multiple
disabilities who will not be able to do it.

Regards,

Loretta Guarino Reid, WCAG WG Co-Chair
Gregg Vanderheiden, WCAG WG Co-Chair
Michael Cooper, WCAG WG Staff Contact