Re: Thoughts on "The relationship between MWBP and WCAG"

Thanks Henny for you feedback on this. I think I have addressed your
comments in the new version  of 14 January [1]. I've replied under
each point.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/drafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20080114/

On 11/01/2008, Swan, Henny <Henny.Swan@rnib.org.uk> wrote:

> 1. Typo, in "How to use these documents"
> "Of the five, you may find that only one will is of interest to you
> depending on your current situation" change to "Of the five, you may
> find that only one is of interest to you depending on your current
> situation".
Alan: Corrected.

> [...]
> they could be cut down. From
>
> "This document is part of a suite describing the relationship between
> WCAG and MWBP. There is a general introduction and five other documents.
> Of the five, you may find that only one will is of interest to you
> depending on your current situation. At the time of publication there is
> one version of the MWBP and two versions of WCAG, version 2.0 being a
> draft.
>
>     * Overview (this document)
>     * Both together: If you have not done either WCAG 2.0 or MWBP, then
> read WCAG 2.0 and MWBP 1.0 together
>     * to accessibility: If you have implemented MWBP 1.0 and are
> considering doing:
>           o WCAG 2.0, then read From Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0 to
> Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
>           o WCAG 1.0, then read From Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0 to
> Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
>     * to the Mobile Web: If you are considering doing MWBP 1.0 and have
> already done:
>           o WCAG 2.0, then read From Web Content Accessibility
> Guidelines 2.0 to Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0
>           o WCAG 1.0 then read From Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
> 1.0 to Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0"

> "This overview introduces a suite of five documents describing the
> relationship between WCAG and MWBP. At the time of publication there is
> one version of the MWBP and two versions of WCAG, version 2.0 being a
> draft. Of the five, you may find that only one is of interest to you
> depending on whether you are familiar with WCAG or MWBP. As such the
> documents are have a number of different approaches:
>
>     * WCAG 2.0 and MWBP: If you have not read either WCAG 2.0 or MWBP,
> then read WCAG 2.0 and MWBP 1.0 together
>     * From MWBP to WCAG: If you have implemented MWBP 1.0 and are
> considering doing:
>           o WCAG 2.0, then read From Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0 to
> Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
>           o WCAG 1.0, then read From Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0 to
> Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
>     * From WCAG to MWBP: If you are considering doing MWBP 1.0 and have
> already done:
>           o WCAG 2.0, then read From Web Content Accessibility
> Guidelines 2.0 to Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0
>           o WCAG 1.0 then read From Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
> 1.0 to Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0
>
> Notes on the above changes:
> 1. Shortened introductory sentence so that it is clearer and focuses
> just on the 5 documents.
> 2. In the opening paragraph referenced the fact that the documents
> represent different approaches depending on what you are familiar with.
> 3. Changed "to accessibility" and "to mobile web" at start of bullets to
> "From MWBP to WCAG" and "From WCAG to the MWBP" respectively as it was
> unclear what the start of the bullets meant. Also changed
> "accessibility" to "WCAG" and "to mobile web" to "MWBP" as this is how
> it is referred to in the headings for the documents.
Alan: I've rewritten this section and I think I have taken account of
your comments, although not always in the way you indicate. If not,
please get back to me.

> 3. Section "The problem with multiple overlapping requirements"
> The first sentence explains WCAG as the abbreviation of the Web Content
> Accessibility Guidelines: "Many Web sites have already adopted the Web
> Content Accessibility Guidelines (hereinafter referred to as [WCAG]).
> The explanation should go at the start of the document. Same issue
> applies to MWBP in this paragraph, the abbreviation should be explained
> at the start of the document.  u
Alan: Done.

> 4. Section "The problem with multiple overlapping requirements"
> Text "In many cases compliance with WCAG is mandatory" does not specify
> what the cases should be. Perhaps this could be changed to "In many
> countries compliance with WCAG is mandatory".
Alan: Done.

--
Email: achuter@technosite.es
Alternative email: achuter.technosite@yahoo.com