From Alan: Re: Mnemonic, acronym, name or handle for Mobile Web document

>From Alan:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Mnemonic, acronym, name or handle for Mobile Web document
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:37:47 +0000
From: Alan Chuter <achuter@technosite.es>
To: w3c-wai-eo-request@listhub.w3.org

Hi there Dave and welcome to EO,

I like these ideas, these are new titles and acronyms. Here are my
personal thopughts on them.

COntent Guidelines for MObile Devices (COGMOD) sounds good and it's
pronounceable, although they're not new guidelines.
Accessiblilty and the MObile Web (AMOW) - is OK, it's about design for
all (people and devices).
Accessible Content for Mobile Experiences (ACME) - I like that one a
lot, but perhaps it's a bit too good; sounds like we're creating new
guidelines.

I liked Shawn and Justin's idea: "How Web Accessibility and Mobile Web
Overlap". Introducing a word to express the idea of overlap or meeting
makes it clearer. Other possible words (that are less suitable I
think) are: intersection, join, nexus, common, shared, synergy,
together, "2".

It would be good to include something about guidelines or best
practices, but I can't think of a suitable word to cover both, and not
mentioning them would cause confusion.

I would shorten it even more to simply "Web Accessibility / Mobile Web
Overlap". Possible acronyms could be WAMWap or WAMWO. These are
pronounceable. Removing the redundant "Web" gives "Web Accessibility /
Mobile Overlap" or "Mobile Web Accessibility Overlap"

Overlapping Web Accessibility & Mobile (OWAM)
Web Accessible & Mobile (WAM)
Mobile & Accessible Web (MAW)
Web Mobile & Accessible (WeMA)
Web Overlapping Mobile & Accessible (WOMA)
Web Accessibility / Mobile Overlap (WAMO, WAMWap)
Mobile Web / Accessibility Overlap (MOWA)

My own favourite is Web Accessible & Mobile (WAM).

I'll try to compile all the ideas in the thread so we can discuss them
in today's call.

regards,

Alan

--