Re: Business Case in Mobile Web Best Practices Accessibility document

On 28/11/2007, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:01:08 +0100, Alan Chuter <achuter@technosite.es>
> wrote:
>
> >> Include the term "business case" as that is largely what the document is
> >> about, not just technical feasibility.
> > "It attempts to provide a basis for building the business case for
> > adopting either the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 or the
> > Mobile Web Best Practices in a web site that already complies with
> > one. For accessibility, the Web Accessibility Initiative provides a
> > guidance document Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for
> > Your Organization."
>
> I would like to note that I still do not consider this document's primary
> purpose should be to build a business case, but about the technical
> requirements. I am happy that the use cases include referencing this
> document as a basis to build a business case. But an advocacy case is not,
> a priori, a business case, and I think suggesting that the two can be
> conflated diminishes the apparent value of the document.

Agreed. I just think it would be useful to mention the term, but no
more. How about ""It attempts to provide the technical information
needed for building the business case..."

The section "How People with Disabilities Use Mobile Devices for Web
Access" (until now devoid of content) may do just that, and perhaps it
would be better put in another document. The EOWG maintains a similar
document for general Web use, which could be expanded (and finished!)
and linked from this one.

--
Email: achuter@technosite.es
Blogs