Fwd: Shawn Henry appointed Chair of Education and Outreach Working Group

Dear EOWG:

It's my pleasure to forward this official announcement of Shawn's
appointment as EOWG Chair.

As I said several weeks ago in one of our meetings, Shawn will be
chairing EOWG going forward. I have stepped down as chair, but will
still participate when my schedule allows.

I appreciate the great job that Shawn's been doing in EOWG,
especially as I've been increasingly pulled away by other WAI work
including among other things the need to focus more on our European
project, WAI-AGE, but also several other areas of WAI work such as
standards harmonization.

I also deeply appreciate the work of everyone on EOWG towards helping
get out the message about Web accessibility, and really enjoy working
with all of you. I know that EOWG's work has had a large impact in
the field since so many of the EOWG resources are re-used by people
from around the world.

I know that Shawn will continue to do a great job with EOWG. Please
join me in welcoming her as Chair.

Regards,

- Judy