From: w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Shawn Henry
Sent: 24 October 2007 03:23
To: EOWG (E-mail)
Subject: EOWG: Agenda for 26 October 2007 Teleconference

Dear EOWG Participants:

An agenda and logistics for our 26 October 2007 teleconference follow.

Time:    8:30am - 10:30am U.S. Eastern Time. For other time zones see:
		http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
Bridge:  +1.617.761.6200 / +33.4.89.06.34.99 / +44.117.370.6152, code:
EOWG# (3694#)
IRC:     Channel: #eo, server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665

Scribe:	Henny (per www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2003/scribes.html)

Agenda:

1. WCAG 2.0 presentation: Title & HTML version
* Instructions for the WCAG 2.0 Presentation
http://www.w3.org/WAI/presentations/WCAG20_about/
* Links to the presentation will be added before the teleconference.

Note that the HTML version is provided for people who want to preview
the material online without having to download the presentation format
and for people who use HTML tools for presentations (usually advanced
users). The HTML version is *not* designed for novices to use for actual
presentations. We may decide to provide that later.

Questions:
- Any concerns with the HTML or CSS formatting or design?
- Because we might provide different types of WCAG 2.0 presentations,
what do you think about changing the title to:
 *About WCAG 2.0*
 Web Content Accessibility Guidelines

2. Face-to-face agenda
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2007/11f2f#Agenda

3. WAI-ARIA Documents
Discuss WAI-ARIA documents from an education and outreach perspective.

a. Accessible Rich Internet Applications Suite (WAI-ARIA) Overview
* Draft version: http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/aria-new.php (Note: the
figure is not visible in some browsers yet.)

Questions about this updated version:
- Is it clear who the WAI-ARIA documents are for?
- Does it provide a basic introduction for a broad audience?
- What would be the pros and cons (advantages and disadvantages) of
integrating the audience from the section "Who WAI-ARIA is for" up above
with the bulleted list of documents? (Note that all of the other WAI
guidelines Overview documents have that Who it is for section, and so
one disadvantage would be breaking the similar format.)
- How does the figure work to help illustrate a tree control for
navigation?
- Should we add another figure to illustrate user actions updating Web
content?

OPEN ACTION ITEMS:
- Fix the CSS so the figure in http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/aria-new.php
is visible in Firefox and other browsers.
- Find or create a strong, clear, simple example of user actions updated
Web content that might not be easily available to screen readers without
using ARIA, and is available with ARIA.

b. FAQ on ARIA Relationship to HTML
*
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/ARIA:_Accessible_Rich_Internet_Appl
ications/Relationship_to_HTML_FAQ

We discussed W3C creating a basic FAQ, and leaving some topics in a more
advanced FAQ.
Questions:
- Which topics from the existing FAQ should be addressed in W3C's basic
FAQ?
- Should some of the information from the WAI-ARIA Overview be moved to
the basic FAQ?
- Any additional information for the basic FAQ?

Background:
- WAI-ARIA Roadmap http://www.w3.org/TR/aria-roadmap/
- WAI-ARIA Roles http://www.w3.org/TR/aria-role/
- WAI-ARIA States and Properties http://www.w3.org/TR/aria-state/
- ARIA Best Practices Guide (BPG) draft framework
http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/ARIA/BestPractices
- Minutes from 5 October EOWG teleconference
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/05-eo-minutes
- Comments sent to the list are archived at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-eo/2007JulSep/

Regards,
~ Shawn

===

NOTE: If you reply to this email, please change the subject line. If you
are sending regrets, add "Regrets" to the front of the current subject
line. If you are commenting on a document or topic, put the document
title or topic in the subject line. Thanks.

IRC reminders and tips:
- IRC is supplemental to the call. Some participants do not have IRC.
All substantive comments should be said verbally in the call (not just
in IRC).
- To type a side comment that will _not_ get recorded in the minutes,
type /me comment - e.g.:
   /me hopes everyone had pleasant holidays
will come out:
   *shawn hopes everyone had pleasant holidays

Teleconference information:
- Managing IRC for EOWG meeting minutes:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2003/template.html
- W3C Zakim Teleconference Bridge: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
- Zakim IRC Bot: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot
- A source for help with IRC (Internet Relay Chat):
http://www.irchelp.org/

* Upcoming EOWG teleconference schedule:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/#meetings

###

--
DISCLAIMER: