[updated] EOWG: Agenda and READINGS for 10 August 2007 Teleconference

Updated drafts of the WCAG 2.0 presentation are now available at the links under agenda item 1.

Additional action items have been added as items 1.3 and 1.4.

---
Dear EOWG Participants:

An agenda and calling logistics for our 10 August 2007 teleconference follow.

Time:    8:30am - 10:30am U.S. Eastern Time. For other time zones see:
        http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
Bridge:  +1.617.761.6200 / +33.4.89.06.34.99 / +44.117.370.6152, code: EOWG# (3694#)
IRC:     Channel: #eo, server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665

Agenda:

1. WCAG 2.0 Presentation

The latest draft is available in two different formats for your convenience:
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/wcag20pres/wcag20intro.ppt in presentation format
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/wcag20pres/wcag2intro.doc in word processing format

The Requirements/Analysis is at:
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-wcag20pres

1.1 Questions for discussion:
- What are your general reactions on the draft at this stage?
- How does the tone and approach work?
- How does the flow work?
- How should we cover P-O-U-R?

1.2 Action item: Research background colors and other best practices for presentations.
- Would two people volunteer to take up this action item?
Note: Please make sure to cite all sources.

1.3 Action item: Find 1 or 2 good examples of easier to understand language between the 2006 Last Call WD and the May 2007 WD
- Would someone volunteer to take up this action item?

1.4 Action item: Find other strong examples of where WCAG 2 allows more design flexibility than WCAG 1. The current example is: "WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 7.1: Until user agents allow users to control flickering, avoid causing the screen to flicker. WCAG 2.0 allows more movement within defined parameters."
- Would someone volunteer to take up this action item?

2. "Web Content Technology" definition for ATAG and WCAG

* Here is the latest suggestion:
"
Web content technology - mechanism for encoding instructions to be rendered, played or executed by user agents.

NOTE 1: As used in these guidelines "Web Technology" and the word "technology" (when used alone) both refer to Web Content Technologies.

NOTE 2: Web Content technologies may include markup languages, data formats, or programming languages that authors may use alone or in combination to create end-user experiences that range from static Web pages to multimedia presentations to dynamic Web applications.

EXAMPLE: Some common examples of Web content technologies include HTML, CSS, SVG, PNG, PDF, Flash, and JavaScript
"

Background email threads start at:
Note that the "Next in thread" link will take you to the next related message
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2007JulSep/0010.html
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2007JulSep/0018.html

3. Upcoming meetings

EOWG face-to-face in November 2007 plans are finalized, along with the "TPAC 2007". Information and registration is available from:
* http://www.w3.org/2007/11/TPAC/

We probably will *not* meet next week. The EOWG teleconference schedule is at:
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/#meetings.

Note that we might do some work via e-mail next week.

Regards,
~ Shawn and Judy

===

NOTE: If you reply to this email, please change the subject line. If you are sending regrets, add "Regrets" to the front of the current subject line. If you are commenting on a document or topic, put the document title or topic in the subject line. Thanks.

IRC reminders and tips:
- IRC is supplemental to the call. Some participants do not have IRC. All substantive comments should be said verbally in the call (not just in IRC).
- To type a side comment that will _not_ get recorded in the minutes, type /me comment - e.g.:
	/me hopes everyone had pleasant holidays
will come out:
	*shawn hopes everyone had pleasant holidays

Teleconference information:
- Managing IRC for EOWG meeting minutes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2003/template.html
- W3C Zakim Teleconference Bridge: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
- Zakim IRC Bot: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot