Re: Draft revised definition of assistive technology

Hello Judy, Wayne and all,
This definition is very clear.
I just do not understand last sentence before note 1 :
"The robustness of an API determines whether on not an assistive technology
can communicate effectively."

Note 1 seems to be very technical, I am not sure I understand it.
Note 1 says :
"Note 1: In this definition, mainstream user agents denote user agents in the familiar sense of the term. That is, any software that retrieves and presents
Web content for users. The mainstream user agent may provide important services to assistive technologies like retrieving Web content from program objects
and parsing markup into identifiable units. The assistive technology can then translate the parsed markup into perceivable, operable and understandable
media using the syntactic information gleaned from the work of the mainstream user agent."

Regards
Sylvie