From: Justin Thorp [mailto:juth@loc.gov]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 8:27 AM
To: EOWG (E-mail); <Henry Shawn
Subject: Idea for Quick Ref Intro - Re: EOWG: UPDATED Agenda for 18 May
2007 Teleconference

We talked about ideas for making the quick ref intro more short to the
point and engaging so the people will actually read it.  What if we made
the intro a personal note from the WCAG WG to developers? Something
like...

Dear Developers,

We spent a lot of time making sure that WCAG 2.0 says what it needs to
say but we realize that a lot of you want to get right down the meat of
how to make you're Web site accessible.  We made this tool just for you.

All you have to do is:
* enter the Web technologies you use,
* enter the level of conformance you desire,
* and it will list the approrpiate success criteria and techniques.

We hope this makes your life a little bit easier.

Best Wishes,
The WCAG WG.

My words are more a suggestion of style  and not exactly what it should
say.  Maybe this is too personal BUT it'd put a smile on my face if i
saw it.

******************
Justin Thorp
US Library of Congress
Web Services - Office of Strategic Initiatives e - juth@loc.gov p -
202/707-9541

>>> Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> 5/17/2007 8:52 PM >>>

1. WCAG 2.0 Quick Reference
Minutes from previous EOWG discussion:
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/04-eo-minutes
Updated version: http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/

NOTE: There are a few changes that are planned but have not yet been
implemented. We will talk through those during the teleconference.