Re: EOWG: Agenda for 4 May 2007 Teleconference [with new Quick Ref link]

I agree that the title is confusing. "Quick reference" made me think of
"quick tips", although as soon as I saw the document I realised that it
isn't.

Perhaps customisable or dynamic would be better adjectives.

Seeing it in print, the text "select the technologies you are using" was
confusing as the form is hidden by the style sheet, if the reader doesn't
know how it works.

Probably it is intended that people will use it like a checklist once
they've alreay go to know the main documents, and won't want to see all
the banter in the Introduction each time. It might be a good idea to
provide instructions on a seperate page, to be able to give more detail
and avoid misunderstandings.

Saying "display only those technologies..." should really be "display only
those Success criteria relevant to the technologies" but then it starts to
be rather long-winded. In a separate page there would be room for more
detail.

The first paragraph of the introduction is rather long-winded. It might be
easier to put something like "The full document is very long. This dynamic
page can save you having to read loads of information that isn't relative
to the technologies in your baseline" and perhaps "focus on SC relevant to
the technologies in your baseline".

The caveat on each SC "(for baseline technologies you checked above)"
seems very necessary, although it isn't understandable when the document's
printed, if I didn't print it for example, and picked it up without
realising what that it isn't the full document.

--
Alan Chuter
Accessibility Consultant