RE: EOWG: Agenda for 20 April 2007 Teleconference

Like Alan, I thought it was generally clears, but have some specific
questions and suggestions.

"A"s - the continuation of "A", "AA" and "AAA" will be confusing for
developers, and doubly confusing for people looking at conformance
claims as they bear no relationship to the samoe claims from WCAG 1.0.
Can WAI come up with another set of lables?

Levels - why has this term been used if they are not relative? Can a
another term be used? "Group", "Set", etc that doesn't imply a
hierarchy?

The sentence " When people who understand how people with different
types of disabilities use the Web test the same content using the same
success criteria, the same results should be obtained with a high level
of confidence" seems cumbersome. Too many uses of "people" and "same".
Afraid I don't have an immediate re-write to suggest.

"It is also not necessary to meet a success criterion using one of the
sufficient techniques. There may be other techniques which are not
documented by the working group that would also meet the success
criterion"
might be better reversed as
"As there may be additional techniques to meet the success criteria, it
is not necessary to use one of the 'sufficient' criteria."

The sentence "When using such externally-provided techniques to meet
WCAG 2.0 requirements, it is important that they be created by
individuals or organizations who are knowledgeable about the
requirements of WCAG 2.0 and the needs of people with disabilities"
possibly needs to finish with " and the behaviour of assistive
technologies "

Regards, Andrew
Dr Andrew Arch
Manager Online Accessibility Consulting
Vision Australia - Accessible Information Solutions
Ph. +61 (0)3 9864 9282; Mob: 0438 755 565
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/ais/