Re: DfA

Helle Bjarnø wrote:

> FYI. The new  DfA@eInclusion "Design for All for eInclusion" project
> http://www.dfaei.org <http://www.dfaei.org/>  and
> http://www.dfaei.edean.org <http://www.dfaei.edean.org/>

"Design for All" = "Universal Design"?

The site is interesting in that it doesn't really focus on "disability"
at all. Until one reads the "partners" list the idea of this being
oriented towards accessibility is (intentionally?) well-disguised.

In the U.S. we have adopted the stance of always somehow weaving
"disability" into the fabric of Design. Perhaps there's a more accepting
of "the handicapped" in Europe  than I had been led to believe?

The site is also quite abstract without linking to much.

Love.