From: w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Judy Brewer
Sent: Thursday, 18 May 2006 2:32 PM
To: EOWG
Subject: EOWG: WCAG 2.0 Review and Agenda for 19 May 2006 Teleconference

Dear EOWG Participants:

An agenda and calling logistics for our 19 May 2006 teleconference follow,
as well as links for document sections to review.

Time:     8:30am - 10:30am U.S. Eastern Time. For other time zones see:
           http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
Bridge:  +1.617.761.6200, code: EOWG# (3694#)
IRC:     Channel: #eo, server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665

Scribe:  Listed at http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2003/scribes.html

Agenda:

We're continuing our review of the WCAG 2.0 Last Call Working Draft this
week, and focusing on the remaining sections. Please post comments to the
list in advance if possible -- thanks.

1. Introduction to WCAG 2.0 [very brief check]
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/intro.html
Focusing on:
- Does the introduction give a clear picture of what is in WCAG 2.0?
- Are there any parts that might be confusing for readers?

2. Comparison between WCAG 1.0 and 2.0 [very brief check]
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/appendixD.html
Focusing on:
- Helpful? Clear?
- Does it need any more context up front?

3. Glossary [brief check]
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/appendixA.html
Focusing on:
- Are the glossary entries clearer now, and helpful for understanding the
text?
- Are any of the definitions unclear, or significantly conflicting with
other versions of WAI definitions for those terms?

4. Guidelines [not so brief]
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/guidelines.html
Focusing on:
- At the guideline level -- any substantial remaining understandability
problems?
- At the success criteria level -- ditto?
Note:
- We probably will not have sufficient time to go through all of these,
    but will select a few to highlight & discuss if needed;
    people can follow up w/ posting more individual comments as needed.

5. Comment wrap-up
- reviewing and approving comments drafted to date

Regards,

~ Judy & Shawn

===

IRC reminders and tips:
- IRC is supplemental to the call. Some participants do not have IRC. All
substantive comments should be said verbally in the call (not just in IRC).
- to type a side comment that will _not_ get recorded in the minutes, type
/me comment - e.g.:
/me hopes everyone had pleasant holidays
will come out:
*shawn hopes everyone had pleasant holidays

Teleconference information:
- Managing IRC for EOWG meeting minutes:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2003/template.html
- W3C Zakim Teleconference Bridge: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
- Zakim IRC Bot: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot
- A source for help with IRC (Internet Relay Chat): http://www.irchelp.org/

* Upcoming EOWG teleconference schedule: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/#meetings

###

--

Director, Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), World Wide Web Consortium
(W3C)

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside Later
for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com