Re: EOWG: WCAG 2.0 Review and Agenda for 19 May 2006 Teleconference

Hi Judy, hi all,
some my thoughts:

1. Introduction to WCAG 2.0
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/intro.html

penultimate paragraph:

"Several success criteria require that content (or certain aspects of
content) can be "programmatically determined." This means that the
author is responsible for ensuring that the content is delivered in
such a way that software can access it. This is important in order to
allow assistive technologies to recognize it and present it to the
user, even if the user requires a different sensory modality than the
original. For example, some assistive technologies convert text into
speech or braille. This will also allow content in the future to be
translated into simpler forms for people with cognitive disabilities,
or to allow access by other agent based technologies. This can happen
only if the content itself can be programmatically determined."

I find this paragraph is a bit difficult to understand.

2. Comparison between WCAG 1.0 and 2.0
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/appendixD.html

In this list there is a Priority checkpoint order, while in the WCAG
2.0 - Appendix B: Checklist
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/appendixB.html

the order is by Guideline.

So I think that maybe the user/reader can be disoriented.

regsrds
ciao

~ pasquale