Outreach update: "Unified Web Evaluation Methodology"

From: Barry McMullin <mcmullin@eeng.dcu.ie>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:20:24 +0100 (IST)
cc: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Hi Folks -

As some of you know, I'm involved in a cluster of EU-funded
projects called "WAB".  Its site is here:

  http://www.wabcluster.org/

WAB has just made public a draft document entitled "Unified Web
Evaluation Methodology version 0.5", and comments have been
invited.  The full announcement is here:

  http://www.wabcluster.org/uwem05/

Some brief quotations to indicate what this is about:

  "This draft methodology is the result of a joint effort by 24
  European organisations in three European projects combined in a
  cluster to develop a Unified Web Evaluation Methodology. The
  methodology is based on the W3C Web Content Accessibility
  Guidelines 1.0 [WCAG10] and will be synchronised with the
  foreseen migration from WCAG 1.0 to WCAG 2.0 [WCAG20] in the
  near future. The UWEM0.5 offers an interpretation of the
  guidelines agreed among stakeholders within the projects.

  The purpose of the 0.5 version of UWEM is to provide a basis
  for evaluating the draft methodology from all the intended
  types of testing, including: user-, expert- and (semi-)
  automated testing of Web resources. This will be done inside
  the three projects, but also we seek and invite public review."

I'll probably signal this on wai-ig too (if it hasn't appeared
there already?) but though EO might just be interested to know
that this activity is ongoing.

Best regards,

- Barry.