Eval Tools Search - Re: EOWG: Agenda for 14 October 2005 Teleconference

I was thinking about the tools search.  Do people use it to find
information about a tool or do they use it to compare tools?

If I wanted to find information about a single tool, I would most
likely plug it into a popular search engine and go to that tool's web
site.  The information on the web site will most likely be the same
that is on our tools list.  There will also be more information on
the tool's web site.

I think the real value in what we have is that people can compare
tools.  You can get a list of tools with a similar feature set and
compare them to see which one better suits your needs.

Does this match up with the use cases?

For me, I have a different reaction to comparing then when I see
searching.  If I am searching, I am looking for a specific tool.  If
I am comparing, I want to see how a bunch of tools match up against
each other.

Sincerely,
Justin Thorp