Re: TAG educational materials, bounties

Le 15 mars 2005, à 11:53, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> I suggested educational materials as a priority for the TAG,
> and got some support. It looks like we'll be encouraging

Danc++ that's a wonderful idea. I'm all supportive for it.

> I noted the connection to the validator "Quality Tips for
> Webmasters" series.
>   http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/

There is also
	http://www.w3.org/QA/Library/#eo
and
	http://www.w3.org/QA/Library/#period

> Observer Jacek Kopecky expressed interest
> and wondered if it shouldn't apply to the whole W3C suite of
> technologies.

The Quality Tip are very focused on Front-End Web technologies. Maybe
because of history. It would be an interesting idea to see if we could
develop more… hardcore? materials.
We have to be careful to not confuse people looking at it though, as to
not miss the target.

> While that might be nice, the TAG didn't see a need
> to address the issue of educational materials W3C-wide before
> starting some effort in the TAG. I took an action to pass
> on Jacek's comment, meanwhile...
>
> "ACTION: DanC to let QA and w3t-comm know about TAG's educational
> materials ideas and relay JK's note about coordiated materials"
>
> It occurs to me now that WAI also develops educational materials,
> so I'm copying w3c-wai-eo@w3.org ... and while looking that
> address up, I found an I18N education/outreach WG.
>
> Comments from anybody are welcome; in particular, if somebody
> from w3t-comm and w3t-qa will please acknowledge receipt, that'll
> complete my action.

So that's an excellent idea which needs coordination and certainly a
broader participation.
As a side note though, we have been often more effective pushing our
own document,  more than trying to coordinate. It's easier to publish
an article without having the review of everyone and discussing what
should be published next. Maybe a lightweight process or content holder
for it would be enough. I believe also in the benefit of a common
layout, but that too is difficult to achieve inside W3C by the nature
of our publishing organization (a lot of freedom for the good and the
bad).

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***