RE: Evaluation Resource Suite

Alistair,

Thanks much for sharing your comments. Indeed we did discuss these very
points last week; although the discussion may not be easy to discern
from the minutes.

We discussed more clearly distinguishing three levels, where a
conformance or technical evaluation to the guidelines does not require
usability testing and a comprehensive evaluation does include usability
testing. We also discussed related points including that usability
testing should be incorporated throughout a design and evaluation
process; that the guidelines provide the basis for technical
accessibility; that usability testing is also important for "usable
accessibility"; that there are myths and misunderstandings about the
range of disabilities; etc.

I also share the concern that usability testing with participants with
disabilities is a complex issue and it will be challenging to figure out
how to appropriately cover it in this WAI resource.

I am confident that we will figure out an effective way to communicate
these important points through our process of editing, reviewing,
discussing, and revising within EOWG and with others.

Best regards,

~ Shawn