Re: review WCAG 2.0 Working Draft documents

hello all,

I just found time to read again eowg's comments from last year on WCAG 2.0
working draft of June 24, 2003. Comments located at:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-comments-wcag20/2003Sep/0015.html>

I think that some comments still apply to WCAG 2.0's new draft.

For example comment 11 in section presentation that states:
"11. Make it easier to find specific accessibility topics within the
document, for instance, by providing more links to the WCAG 1.0 to WCAG 2.0
transition map, or consider adding mechanisms such as a topic index in
which people could search for the kinds of terms that they think in terms
of when actually designing sites, e.g. "navigation," "forms," etc."

Comment 17 is also still an issue:
"17. Better explain the transition between the normative content of WCAG 1.0
and WCAG 2.0. Provide some explanation for the substantial change in the
numbers of guidelines and checkpoints between the 1.0 and 2.0 versions.
Also make sure that the terms "normative" and "non-normative" are clearly
defined. Many readers do not know what these terms mean in general, nor
what they mean specifically in the context of this document, nor in the
transition between WCAG 1.0 and 2.0."

Regards

Sylvie
A 22:02 26/08/2004, Judy Brewer a écrit :

>Some notes about DOCUMENTS and QUESTIONS while preparing for tomorrow's
>EOWG discussion of WCAG 2.0:
>
>Remember that back in June we talked about preparing for this review. I
>sent out a series of background links:
>         http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-eo/2004AprJun/0148.html
>which included a link to EOWG's comments on a previous WCAG 2.0 Working Draft:
>
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-comments-wcag20/2003Sep/0015.html
>
>I encourage you to at least glance back through these materials while
>looking at the lastest draft of WCAG 2.0, which is available at:
>         http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-WCAG20-20040730/
>Additional documents for review (Techniques Gateway, HTML Techniques, CSS
>Techniques) are also available for review, linked from the WAI IG review
>request which linked from Shawn's message below.
>
>In the request for review which Wendy sent to the WAI IG list, there is a
>list of four questions. I suggest that we start our discussion tomorrow
>with these four questions. They have to do with understandability of the
>draft; link flow to the techniques documents; conformance levels; and the
>scope of conformance claims. Please read the detailed questions in her
>message for more information:
>         http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2004JulSep/0230.html
>
>Thanks,
>
>- Judy
>

>At 05:12 PM 8/23/2004 -0500, Shawn Lawton Henry wrote:
>
>>EOWG,
>>
>>Here is a reminder that we will discuss the WCAG 2.0 Working Draft
>>documents in upcoming EOWG teleconferences. The call for review sent to
>>WAI IG is archived at:
>>
>>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2004JulSep/0230.html
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>~ Shawn
>
>--
>Judy Brewer    +1.617.258.9741    http://www.w3.org/WAI
>Director, Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
>MIT/CSAIL Building 32-G530
>32 Vassar Street
>Cambridge, MA,  02139,  USA

Sylvie Duchateau