Re: "What is Web Accessibility?" slide

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:09:34 -0600
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

Al, I agree that the WAI should use more phrases like "what we in the WAI
mean by xxx is yyy", other than that however, you may have lost me.

I do have a comment about the second bullet on the slide:

- software used to access the Web
          * that can be used by people with disabilities,
          * and that works with technologies that some people with
          disabilities use

          My comment is that it is more than software, it also includes
          devices and other technology, including graphics displays (or
          monitors), voice synthesizers, Braille displays, printed output,
          small displays, etc.  So, I would simply add the word "hardware"
          along with "software"

          - software and hardware used to access the Web
          * that can be used by people with disabilities,
          * and that works with technologies that some people with
          disabilities use

          Regards,
          Phill Jenkins
          IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
          11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able