Re: Technical Factors: Different Devices

I think there's a big difference between a single page for all desktop
computer browsers, or one that will work on all mobile phones, and one that
will work across all devices.

Many sites try to detect the browser and serve up separate versions, for MS
IE and for Netscape, for example. This is the kind of duplication
accessible design can avoid. But to try to make a page work on all devices
is fighting a losing battle.

I think that some sites will have to have multiple versions for different
device profiles, but what we should claim is that each of these versions
will be usable with all user agents and devices within that profile.

Alan Chuter
achuter@teleservicios.com
+34 91 121 03 35