Re: FYI: HTLM callenge, a new web site from Freedom Scientific about JAWS 4.5 and access to web pages.

In their navigation challenge they more or less fail to make use of the link
element, which has been useful in Lynx forever and is available now in a
number of browsers.

There is a similar sort of thing that iCab uses to show its strong points
(for visual mouse users I find it has better implementation of HTML than
anything else I have seen, and the few things it doesn't have in CSS are for
me not such a big deal). http://www.icab.de/test.html

I find it is always really interesting to cross-test these kind of pages - if
someone claims their browser is good and has pages to "prove" it, run their
browser on someone else's test pages. And vice versa. Sort of like a test
suite, but you know that each suite is optimised to make someone look good.
If all systems passed each of the test suites we might be happy that browsers
really work now...

cheers

chaals

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Helle Bjarnø wrote:

>This site describes the challenge and shows how JAWS(r) for Windows 4.5,
>when used with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 and 6.0, gives you access to
>the many features of web pages. The pages of the HTML Challenge are designed
>for use in Internet Explorer 5.5 and 6.0, and may not display properly in
>other web browsers.
>
>http://www.freedomscientific.com/HTML_challenge/html_challenge.html
>

>Kind regards
>Helle Bjarno
>Visual Impairment Knowledge Centre
>e-mail: hbj@visinfo.dk
>www.visinfo.dk
>phone: +45 39 46 01 04, fax: +45 30 61 94 14
>mail: Rymarksvej 1, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark.

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22