FYI: German decree on Barrier-free information technology

From the Eeurope-pwd list  I received this from a friend, and hereby forward
it to our list. As you can see part of the original message is from Carlos

Carlos Velasco wrote:
>Dear Christian,
>
>It may also be interesting for the list members to point to the original
>references, for the sake of completeness.
>
>"Gesetz zur Gleichstellung behinderter Menschen" is available (in
>German) at:
><http://www.behindertenbeauftragter.de/download/gleichstellungsgesetz.htm>
>
>The decree for the implementation of the law (Barrierefreie
>Informationstechnik Verordnung - BITV). You can download the BITV text
> (as PDF, sorry) here:
><http://www.bmi.bund.de/Annex/de_22681/Barrierefreie_Informationstechnik-Ve
rordnung_BITV_als_PDF-Download.pdf>

>regards,
>carlos
>
>Christian Buehler wrote:
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> on July 23, 2002 the decree on barrier-free information technology
>> (Barrierefreie Informationstechnik Verordnung - BITV) according to § 11
>> of the
>> German law on equal opportunities
>> (Bundesbehindertengleichstellungsgesetz -
>> BGG) was officially published by the German Government. It enters into
>> force on
>> July, 24th 2002.

>--
>Dr Carlos A Velasco
>mailto:velasco@fit.fraunhofer.de    http://access.fit.fraunhofer.de/
>Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik (FIT.LIFE)
>  [Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)]
>  Barrierefreie Informations- und Kommunikationstechnologie für Alle
>  Schloss Birlinghoven, D53757 Sankt Augustin (Germany)
>  Tel: +49-2241-142609/319272 Fax: +49-2241-1442609

Kind regards
Helle Bjarno
Visual Impairment Knowledge Centre
e-mail: hbj@visinfo.dk
www.visinfo.dk
phone: +45 39 46 01 04, fax: +45 30 61 94 14
mail: Rymarksvej 1, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark.