Re: comments on design

From: Carol Ott <csott@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:46:38 -0500
To: "Sarah Horton" <Sarah.Horton@Dartmouth.EDU>, <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sarah Horton
  To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
  Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 12:52 PM
  Subject: comments on design

  That said, I think it is extremely important that the WAI pages in particular, but all the W3C pages, look good.

  <snip>

    As someone who's studied web design for years (the evolution of design, if you will) and as someone who only recently started designing sites, I can whole-heartedly agree with Sarah's assessment.  One of my personal goals is to combine the aesthetic and the accessibility of design.  An accessible site shouldn't always be unappealing, and unfortunately, many are.  The choosing of fonts, font colours, and layout should combine a harmonious balance of usability and good looks.  I'd love to work on the EOWG site -- and I'd be open to lots of feedback from the group.

    Carol
    http://home.earthlink.net/~csott