Re: Reminder, meeting Friday May 17, 2002

Regrets and Outreach update:
On May 9, 2002, Connecticut's Department of Information Technology sent a
Notice to IT Consultants requiring Consultants in the web developer, etc.
skill classifications to receive training being offered by the state. The
training deadline is July 1, 2002. After that date, only those consultants
who have been trained will be authorized to work in those categories. The
full text of the Notice, in PDF format, can be found here:
http://www.doit.state.ct.us/purchase/awards/Notice%20to%20IT%20Consultants.p
df

The classes start next Wednesday - I am teaching - and I am currently
working on the curriculum, which is the reason for my regrets today. I am
using the WAI Accessible Web design -- Web designers -- three-hour hands-on
workshop ( http://www.w3.org/WAI/training/cr.html#designers ) as a basis for
the curriculum, and it's working very well.

Kathleen Anderson, Webmaster
Office of the State Comptroller
Hartford, Connecticut, 06106, USA
voice: 860.702.3355 fax: 860.702.3634