Outreach update

From: Kathleen Anderson <kathleen.anderson@po.state.ct.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:03:20 -0400
To: "EOWG" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Last Wednesday (9/26/2001), we presented a "Web Accessibility Refresher" to
about 100 Connecticut state government webmasters. The agenda included a
walkthrough of the WCAG Priority 1 guidelines, a presentation on how to make
accessible PDF documents using Acrobat 5 (the Powerpoint version of the
presentation can be found at:
http://www.cmac.state.ct.us/access/ppt/Acrobat5.ppt ), a demo of a Streaming
media (with closed captioning) project being done by engineers at the
Connecticut Department of Transportation, a review of automated evaluation
and repair tools, including Bobby, AccVerify SE for FrontPage, and
TP_ErrOmi, a JAWS demo done by a state employee (a mainframe programmer) who
is blind, and a walkthrough of our tutorial "Six Steps to Accessibility
Certification" at:
http://www.cmac.state.ct.us/access/tutorials/certification.htm  The feedback
was very positive, both during the day and by email after the session.

Kathleen Anderson, Webmaster
Office of the State Comptroller
Hartford, Connecticut, 06106, USA
voice: 860.702.3355 fax: 860.702.3634