EOWG: Business case draft

EOWG:

Forwarding a message from Jean-Marie D'Amour, about a redraft of the cost
appendix.

(Jean-Marie, I'm sorry, this had come in through a different email address
than the one registered to the list, and I'd just located it in a
blocked-mail file. I've now added this address to our "master-accept" file,
so you can send from that address in the future.)

- Judy

>Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:43:21 -0500 (EST)
>From: "Jean-Marie D'Amour" <jmdamour@inlb.qc.ca>
>To: "EOWG" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
>Subject: [Moderator Action] Business case draft
>
>Hello William and others,
>
>I worked on the document and integrate many things added to the change log
>friday:
>
>- careful about placement of items. for instance, architecture (in 2nd list)
>might belong in first list also. change transfer rate cost. number of pages,
>dynamic vs. static. variations in user agent support. all could go either
>way. what about creating new list, cost or benefit categories, or other
>considerations (cost or benefits)
>separate out the implementation material from the beginning and move it to
>another part of resource suite
>consider adding some brief elaboration to each item
>
>- add a brief introduction to cost item list and benefit item list --
>NOTE -- now we want to collapse these
>clarification: new method of providing services will lower cost of providing
>services (for government)
>
>- add "liability" back in.
>
>- mention "investment" in intro.
>
>- collapse cost & benefit items into cost considerations.
>
>- try to reduce the number of items, for instance, group the training items
>in one category, however preserve the detail as an inline explanation.
>
>- mention short-term and long-term.
>
>- remove reference to "corporate" but clarify that it is organizational
>
>In the "Considerations for cost and benefit" I suggest 4 supercategories (in
>my poor english wording). I think a grouping like this will help to
>understand content.
>
>I wait for feedback.
>
>I think I'm not the good person for the brief explanation of each item, but
>i can help and comment.
>
>Jean-Marie D'Amour
>Camo pour personnes handicapées
>Montréal (Québec) Canada