Outreach Updates: CL - for Aug. 4

From: Chuck Letourneau <cpl@starlingweb.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 08:32:57 -0400
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Congratulations to Kathleen Anderson for shepherding the State of
Connecticut's policy on Web accessibility to a wonderful conclusion.  I was
there on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the ADA to talk about Web
accessibility and to watch as the policy was formally adopted.  Very
satisfying.

September 11 and 15, 2000:  I will be presenting two two-hour plenary
workshops on accessible Web design as it relates to the Government of
Canada's new Common Look and Feel (CLF) policy.  As I have mentioned
before, the CLF's major accessibility requirement is double-A compliance to
WCAG.

September through October - I will be presenting a weekly series of focus
sessions on specific areas of accessible Web design for Government Web
designers (on behalf of the Access Working Group of the Treasury Board's
Internet Advisory Committee).  Topics will include PDF handling,
alternative content for scripting and programmatic objects, CSS vs. TABLE
markup, and other hot issues.

Regards,
Chuck Letourneau
----