Re: Carnivore

From: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 22:53:47 -0400
To: "Kathleen Anderson" <kathleen@spiderwebwoman.com>, <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
At 2000-07-21 13:10-0400, Kathleen Anderson wrote:
>I probably should have mentioned that this was a follow-up to the use of the
>word 'carnivore' in this morning's meeting.

Here is the URL for the FBI site justifying and stating the limits on the
use of carnivore:

     http://www.fbi.gov/programs/carnivore/carnivore.htm

The concluding sentence reads:

This is a matter of employing new technology to lawfully obtain important
information while providing enhanced privacy protection.

Regards/Harvey Bingham