Re: Non-geek version of guidelines

What about the WCAG Curriculum?  Particularly the Example Set of the WCAG
Curriculum?

Curriculum: http://www.starlingweb.com/wai/wcag/
Example set: http://www.starlingweb.com/wai/wcag/sam1-0.htm

Please note that the curriculum will be moving to W3C space in the next
week or so.  Don't bookmark pages in the above site as they will soon be
invalid.  Once the curriculum is in the W3C space, WAI EO will likely start
promoting it more heavily.

Regards,
Chuck

At 2000-02-21 03:39 PM , you wrote:
>Hello Education and Outreach Colleagues,
>
>I was talking to a friend today -- an amateur web developer and professional
>disability rights advocate -- who complained that the W3C guidelines are
>overly technical for her needs. She wants a plain language version of the
>guidelines. As she is fairly technologically savvy, she expressed frustration
>at having to work so hard to understand what must be done to make accessible
>web pages. To illustrate her point, she read me the Quick Tip card description
>of Image map. I agree with her, the tone is definitely geeky. But not everyone
>who develops web pages speaks the language of client-side servers and
>hotspots. I would guess that most people who develop web pages are amateurs
>(in the original sense of the word: from amore or amour: an activity done out
>of love.) Will these people freeze when they read "make line by line reading
>sensible?" or "Use CSS?"
>
>How about we create a "user-friendly" version of the Web Content guidelines?
>Maybe a primer.
>
>Alan

----
Starling Access Services