RE: Introduction to AT Vendors - On the right track?

Wilson,

No, you're not mistaken. Thank you for getting this started, and for giving
it to the group for feedback.

In part (2) "EO Comments on User Agent Accessibility Guidelines" of our
last meeting, on December 3rd,
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/1999/1203-EOWG-min.html> we asked Wilson if he'd
volunteer to do an info piece/ intro to the User Agent Accessibility
Guidelines, for assistive technology developers.

He agreed to, and, given that we didn't provide much guidance on how to do
this, I think it's a good start. I also think that Chuck Letourneau, in his
follow-up mail on this thread, places this correctly:

>...Was this project struck with the goal of
>eventually having "entry-portals" for target audiences
>(e.g. AU developers, UA developers, etc.) that would list
>or highlight such information and resources that are of
>immediate interest to that audience?  If so, then "target-
>specific" introductions are valid.

In other words, I think we can look at this as an exploratory piece for
creating some customized-intro materials for different audiences, and
eventually making those part of various entry-portals into the WAI site.

It would be interesting to see what we could do in about 1/4 the amount of
text -- so that people would be doing less reading and more selecting of
resources to follow. Anyone want to experiment with this another round?

- Judy

At 04:10 PM 12/17/99 -0500, Wilson Craig wrote:
>William, this is what I understood Judy to have requested at the last
>telecon. Was I mistaken?
>
>Wilson Craig
>Marketing Manager/Webmaster
>Henter-Joyce, Inc.