Re: Braille on the QuickTips card?

aloha, mokrane!

the one missing element in your summation of the issue is that -- if the QT
card has the URI for WAI web space embossed upon it, then it can also be used
_BY_ a blind person, not just as a means of identification, but as a pointer to
WAI web space...

it's not merely a question of identity (although that does enter into it), but
of making information available to the widest possible audience, and if we can
incorporate braille (as max suggested), symbolic content (as johathan has
suggested), and large print (possible if we adapt charles' proposal that we use
a folding card, such as those commonly used by agencies for the blind here in
the states), then the cards are more useful to more people...

gregory

Mokrane wrote:
>What is at stake here ? in my view what matters is being able to identify
>the QT card against the many other cards one holds.
>So the way you call it is not that important :  the blind holder knows he
>has the QT card, and any brailled  name - WAI, Quick, Tip, QT - will help
>to identify it against the other cards.
He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
        <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>