Webcast

From: Robert Neff <rneff@moon.jic.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 22:35:51 -0700
To: <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
With regrets there will not be a real time close captioning nor text
streaming.

I spoke with the National Captioning Institute and they have just rolled out
a text streaming product that sounds very promising.  They were also
concerned that their servers may not be tuned or configured to handle a
download for their viewing software and support text streaming.

I was not able to get together with WGBH or other companies in time.
Unfortunately, regardless of the efforts or my delay in being able to
identify companies, it still would not have happened until the web host
compaines have fully tested the software and are ready to deploy.

If you wan to see the event, pease go to our web site, www.usmint.gov,
tomorrow and when we formally have approval for press release will make the
image hot and linked somewhere.  I added words at the bottom for text
transcript, and close captioning - will have these up shortly thereafter.

Will add a link this week on webspots.net for text streaming companies.

rob