Re: WCAG Curriculum Update: April 26, 1999 2:45 pm

William,

Thanks for your comments.  Please wait for today's update notice before
checking to see if I actually fixed things.  My responses are prefaced with
CPL::

At 26/04/99 06:30 PM , you wrote:
>Guideline 3 "...(refer to the description of difference between content,
>structure, and presentation)"  Should this be a link?  How do I "refer"?

CPL:: Deleted reference. Was an artifact of the Guideline PR doc.

>missing closeparen in last line of guideline.

CPL:: Fixed.

>Checkpoint 3.2 when I see "Page title(<H1>)" etc. I am a bit confused
>since it looks sort of like HTML but isn't.

CPL:: Hmm... Those things that look like HTML coding errors beside the text
were intended as labels so that people would know what H-level was being
used without having to view source or show the entire markup.  After seeing
your comment realize I will have to modify the example slightly, since it
really does look like an HTML coding error.  Let me know if the change I
make helps.

>3.4 in blockquote is "most browser" should be "browsers".

CPL:: Fixed.

>3.5 features "featurse".

CPL:: Fixed

>3.6 the css support in opera and netscape don't work but IE5 does (but I
>bet you already know that)

CPL:: Actually, the CSS examples do work in Netscape 4.0, and Opera 3.5 (as
well as IE 4 and 5).  But only if I type the code properly... It's funny,
IE4 accepts "padding= 1em" but the rest require the proper coding,
"padding: 1em".  It is fixed and works fine now.

>When I was going through these I found myself at the bottom of each
>slide wishing I didn't have to scroll up to get to the next one.
>--
CPL:: Me too.  Ideally, each entire slide should fit on one display screen,
so only having the nav buttons at the top would be fine.  If I continue to
insist on longer pages, then I might be persuaded to either duplicate the
prev/next buttons or at least include a "Top of Page" link at the bottom of
each slide.  I will also ensure that an ACCESSKEY alternative is provided
for the prev/next buttons (n for next, p for previous).

>Love.
>            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE
>http://dicomp.pair.com

Cheers!