Re: ideas

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 07:18:01 -0700
To: E & O <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
AC:: "A disability is a consequence of design flaws in the environment."

WL: I think I'm in love with this as the first thing in the Note.  This
way we could discuss the problems with Web design instead of starting
from "intellectual impairment" etc.; e.g., the problem with a mouse is
that people using single-switch computers can't access stuff that
depends on "mouseover" and it doesn't really matter why someone is using
a single-switch computer or chooses not to use a mouse because they're
power users (which is in a certain sense a disability).
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE