Re: In between

From: Alan Cantor <acantor@oise.utoronto.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 12:07:38 -0500 (EST)
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

B.K. DeLong wrote:

>   I'm inclined to agree.

> He has made some excellent points. People are not going to sit through
> the guidelines, trying to learn every detail on their own. Perhaps
> publishing these guidelines in some sort of book would be very helpful as
> well.

How about a booklet? Dena Shumila and I once produced concise "guidelines"
on accessible html, without examples, that were two or three pages long.
If I were doing it again, I would expand the business card by adding
several additional points -- perhaps the ones we had to drop in the
interest of keeping it short, and maybe -- MAYBE -- go into more detail.

Again, the danger is that some people might conclude that this is it as
far as accessibility is concerned. But again, if web designers were to
adhere to these principles, our jobs would be much easier.

Alan