W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-eo@w3.org > July to September 1998

Minutes of July 30 EOWG call

From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:37:50 -0400
Message-Id: <>
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

Minutes for WAI EO WG call on July 30, 1998

DD  Daniel Dardailler
JB  Judy Brewer
KC  Kevin Carey
MN  Masafumi Nakane
MRK Marja-Riitta Koivunen
PB  Peter Bosher
SO  Stella O'Brien
WL  William Loughboro

Jim Allan
Mike Paciello
Geoff Freed
Sheela Sethuraman
Chuck Letourneau

MINUTES & ACTION ITEM NOTES ("+" denotes action item)

DEMOGRAPHICS (update from Peterborough meeting)
+ JB will get Peterborough minutes from Chuck
+ DD will re-post names & addresses from Dave's minutes to EOWG
+ KC will post demographic info that he has to EOWG list
+ JB will write up draft & follow demographics conference discussion
+ JB will send Gregg's stats to KC or list

QUICK REFERENCE CARD (update from Peterborough meeting)
+ JB get e-mails of smaller group
+ JB put request to PA WG to coordinate on issue development
+ SO will pull into text format & post to eo-list

+ DD will check with WebReq at W3C to find new slidemaker owner
+ MN will identify & propose solutions on the access issues, will e-mail JB

+ KC will re-send WAI-TIDE deliverables write-up, html format
+ JB will add in "what" and "stability" onto list, per DD's request

Background: Marja-Riitta has prepared some scenarios to start some
discussion on what we need.
JB: User Agent developers? People who are reading the business case?
WL: Also for journalists as well (human interest examples)
SO: short business case company trying to make their intranet training
KC: personal finance, and medical care
WL: working on 20 different examples
PB: the portability issue of personal settings is important to focus on
WL: also need to give examples of design breakthroughs which came from
accessibility requirements 
WL: plan the detail that you want to bring up in the examples, in terms of
functional usability issues to raise, and in terms of accessibility
MRK: need the context as well, tell a brief story so people can relate
KC: Universal Design & accessibility aren't so different; just a continuum
of functional issues
+ MRK & WL will coordinate on additional scenario development & share back
to the list for discussion before Aug 13th EOWG meeting

DD: Need to address audiences with topics that are stable over time
PB: Pulled together a list of publications for Daniel
DD: How much consistency is there in the technical press, in terms of
what's included in local issues of international magazines
DD: Stable topics could be discussion of how Web pages designed in an
accessible way could be re-used in other media; comparison of good & bad
MRK: Needs context
PB: Examples of good design examples very needed
KC: Need to know # or words, etc., and figure out what's worth writing
+DD will draft something
+JB will hook up DD with freelance technical writer to market article first
+DD will find out who's linking to us

4. Demonstration materials
- what's needed (demos of access technologies? demos of people using Web w/
access technologies?
- what already exists, who are key resources for developing
MRK: Real Audio & video - can we use
PB:  Helen Petrie putting together video of blind people using Web pages
WL:  If Productivity Works had an on-Web demo version rather than down-loaded 
+ JB will ask Mark or Ray if possible or existing
+ WL will gather existing demo material
+ item needs more discussion at another EOWG meeting 

5. Agenda for next call August 13
- scenario follow-up
- more discussion on demo mats
- more discussion on ref card

Agenda for August 29th (so far)
- demographics

Judy Brewer   jbrewer@w3.org     617-258-9741
Director, Web Accessibility Initiative International Program Office
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
MIT/LCS Room NE43-355
545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139 USA
Received on Thursday, 30 July 1998 12:37:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 20:29:27 UTC