RE: AUWG Teleconference on 29 July 2013 1:00pm-2:00pm ET

http://www.w3.org/2013/07/29-au-minutes.html

Full text:
WAI AU

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Jeanne, Tom, Alastair, Jutta, Cherie
Regrets
Tim_B., Alex_L.
Chair
Jutta Treviranus
Scribe
Jan
Contents

Topics
CR process update (Jeanne and Jan)
1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)
3. Implementation report update (Jan)
Summary of Action Items
<scribe> Scribe: Jan
CR process update (Jeanne and Jan)

JS: reviewing exit criteria...
... Any questions, thoughts, concerns?
JT: We should clarify that what we are proposing is that we are passing them by W3M...
... So they can register and objections.
JS: My only concern is the 2nd sentence in para 3...
... It can be hard to explain the ATAG-WCAG relationship...3 levels each...but is unrealisitic to expect tools to meet every WCAG AAA SC
... We chose the number two because it is common in W3C requirements
JT: Any concerns about this proposed wording?
... And are people ok sending it to w3m
JR: +1
AC: IF my looking at an individual tool....
JS: Are we will try to choose diverse examples
<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ATAG2ImplementationReport.html
<AlastairC> There don't seem to be any Non-text media examples in the top row of the implementing tools?
JS: We have a couple of ideas
TB: I checked on Worklight and it won't work for us
<AlastairC> Would xcode qualify for this? Code-level editor, but I think is accessible?
TB: We are making progress on the other one
<AlastairC> I have it installed, I'll check it out. I can ask on a VoiceOver list as well.
JT: So we should repeat to Cherie....
Zaki, Jan has Jutta
JT: Can people indicate when they have read the document...
... then hopefully we can come to resolution on what to do.
EC: I've scanned through it
JT: Are people ok with this draft as it is?
<AlastairC> The exit criterial? Yep, it's good.
JT: Are people ok with this draft exit criteria as it is?
<AlastairC> \me sorry, don't trust my audio, I'll type.
JT: Does anyone object to the exit crieria?
... None heard
... Can we send to W3M?
JS: +1
<AlastairC> +1
JS: Also it is pretty informal
JR: +1 to send it along
JT: OK I think there is concensus to take that step and send it to W3M
1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/draft_auwg_charter.html
JS: Some feedback received from W3M...
... Did show enough diversity of devices...
... Had to change the milestones from saying CR in May to CR in Septemebr
<AlastairC> Yep, I assume that a year is a reasonable time for comments and changes from CR?
TB: Looks good to me
... but how does it compare to other guidelines?
<AlastairC> no objection
JT: OK so are people fine with these changes to the charter (added mention of various devices and then changes to dates)?
<jeanne> +1 to the charter
JT: Objections?
... non eheard
Resolution: Go ahead with changes to the charter (added mention of various devices and then changes to dates)
3. Implementation report update (Jan)

JR: Medium sized tools make excellent examples
JS: Right, but enterprise tools are very valuable so please keep pushing for that
... I don't want to overlook enterprise wide tools
CE: OK, but the point has been made that enterprise tools out now won't be fully meeting ATAG
JT: Yes, we want variety
<AlastairC> an accessibility orgnanisation I'm involved with is using an enterprise level CRM, I offered to check it over for them in the fall (when they have it implementated)
JT: Great!
... That's the agenda
... There will be a meeting next week
<AlastairC> thanks all, bye
JR: I will send out announcement but may not be there due to CDN holiday

(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
OCAD UNIVERSITY