Minutes from AUWG Teleconference on 11 Mar 2013 3:00pm-4:00pm ET

http://www.w3.org/2013/03/11-au-minutes.html

WAI AU

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Jeanne, Jan, Jutta, +1.571.765.aaaa, Greg, Tim_Boland
Regrets
Cherie_E, Alex_Li_(likely)
Chair
Jutta Treviranus
Scribe
Jan
Contents

Topics
TPAC idea
1. Re-chartering survey results:
Summary of Action Items
<scribe> scribe: Jan
TPAC idea

JS: WCAG is now a 4 host org...should added a University in China
... Next years TPAC will be in Shenzhen China
... In early Nov.
... We are asking a little early
JT: Any other accessibility working groups to be there?
JS: Yes
... Plus we are expecting 200+ local developers to attend.
... PF, WCAG, EO to meet there.
... Also trying to have UA meet there.
JT: Should we have a meeting there?
GP: I know they are not part of this working group, there will be some other Adobe folks there....but I may not be able to attend.
TB: Sounds like good meeting, but will have to check budgetr
JT: Is a WG meeting the only mechanism?... what about having an education and outrach type activity?
JS: Yes that's possible ... I sent an idea like that for UAAG to Judy
... EO will be holding open meeting...we are thinking the same for UA
TB: Idea might be to channel our activities through the EO group.
... Would look good to have all the groups' work prersented together
JT: When do we need to formulate a response?
JS: Need rough idea this week.
... We need to start the fund raising
JT: Do we want to hold a meeting there?
JR: It does seem like many WAI groups are meeting there
JT: I feel like whatever we do there....there should be outreach activities
JS: Most of the other WGs will be lightly attended...and focussed on outreach
... A 9am meeting in Shenshen is 8pm eastern time...5pm West Coast
... Will be testing at that time
JT: We have had a number of potential Chinese members, who just can't make it
to our usual call
JT: Tentative conclusion is that we will have some presence there...some kind of outreach...
JR: So perhaps a few of our members would attend in person...
... Would run outreach activities there...and also on a couple of day 9am-noon (8pm-11pm ET) WG meetings
JT: Yes
... How do we get onto the plenary presentation agenda?
JS: Harder....in recent years its been an unconference
... In advance there has been a topic wiki
... Not sure if they will do that in China
JT: Please investigate how we get onto the Wed plenary agenda
JS: OK
<jeanne> ACTION: Jeanne to investigate how to get an ATAG presentation on the Wednesday plenary agenda. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/11-au-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Error creating new action - could not connect to Tracker. Please contact sysreq with the details of what happened.
1. Re-chartering survey results:

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130301/results
<jeanne> Resolution: In the new charter, remove the dependency on WCAG and UAAG.
Resolution: Agree on 4 weeks to finalize tests
Milestone for Proposed Recommendation - Part 1: Assembling Implementation List: 2 months
Milestone for Proposed Recommendation - Part 2: Testing the products
Discussion of numbers of tools required for CR
JR prefers less tools
JT: So for last milestone...you were thinking much more time?
JR: Figure of a year came up
JS: I don't want that, but ARIA has been testing for almost 2 years
... WCAG testing ...was it a year?
JT: At least
JS: One major thing is that we've already written the tests
JT: Can we move faster than the milestone?
JS: Would be ok
JT: OK, so why don't we go with a year here
JS: ok
GP: OK
JR: OK
JT: I will be sending a msg out re: final approval of the tests
Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to investigate how to get an ATAG presentation on the Wednesday plenary agenda. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/11-au-minutes.html#action01]

(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER