Minutes from AUWG Teleconference on 3 June 2013 1:00pm-2:00pm ET

http://www.w3.org/2013/06/03-au-minutes.html

Full text:

WAI AU

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Jeanne, Jutta, Jan, Alastair, +1.703.678.aaaa, Greg, Alex, Sueann, Tim_Boland
Regrets
Cherie_E., Tom_B.
Chair
Jutta Treviranus
Scribe
Jan, jeanne
Contents

Topics
1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)
Review of exist criteria
SURVEY:
Summary of Action Items
<Jan> Scribe: Jan
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013AprJun/0064.html
JS: Please add reviewing exit criteria
1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/draft_auwg_charter.html
JS: Latest charter is finished the amount of process Jeanne is involved with.
... it is now headed to W3M
... From within WAI, we are one of 2 that is done
... If charter is out for review by end of June, charter should be exteneded
Review of exist criteria

JS: Don't want this page to be discoverable yet
... Starts with status
... Next section is exit criteria
... We have been stuck on 13 ATAG SCs that depend for their level on WCAG
... But we will pick that up in a minute.
... The point here is that as we go into CR, we give criteria for when we know we're done and can become a full rec
... Reads the document...
JR: Only 2 seems like significant change
JR, JS: Discuss ...
JS: If group is ok with this, I'd like to advance this...
JR: Remove second (6) and remove erroneous extra paragraph at the bottom.
AL: Seeing it for the first time, I'd rather think about it
JT: Do you see something?
AL: Not from the call, but I'd like to have a bit more time
JS: Could you have the answer tomorrow?
AL: That quick?
JS: Yes, we had set a schedule to have exit criteria by this friday
AL: I won't stand in the way
JT: Any other suggested edits, concerns?
AC: "capable of passing 2 WCAG success criteria" where did the 2 come from?
JS: 2 is kind of a random choice...a small number but not all
... In range of small to all, W3C usually chooses 2
AC: OK, not objection
JS: Key is that it needs to be things that are different
... (e.g. transformation example and a file attachment example)
... Need to choose divergent WCAG success criteria to show that
JT: other questions, concerns, suggestions?
All: Silent
JT: So you will submit and return with feedback?
Resolution: OK to bring forward the discussed Candidate Recommendation Exit Criteria (before At-Risk) to management
JS: re: At-Risk
... We can discuss certain things to be "at-risk" and then a course of action...to remove or reword...
... Prevents need to go back to LC
<jeanne> scribe: jeanne
<Jan> JR: Please clearly mark the at-reisk as being in draft
<Jan> JS: OK
<Jan> JT: OK, let's move onm
SURVEY:

<Jan> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130523/results
<Jan> JT: Let's look at ones with no issues or objections...
<Jan> JT: A322 full agreement
<Jan> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130523/results#xq2
<Jan> Resolution: Mark https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130523/results#xq2 as approved
<Jan> JT: B111 full agreement https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130523/results#xq5
<Jan> Resolution: All agree to https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130523/results#xq5
<Jan> JT: B233 q
<Jan> JT: B233 https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130523/results#xq9
<Jan> Resolution: All agree to change in B233 https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130523/results#xq9
<Jan> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013AprJun/0062.html
<Jan> A.3.2.1 Auto-Save (Minimum): The authoring tools does not include session time limits or the authoring tool can automatically save edits made before the session time limits.
<Jan> TB: Fine
<Jan> JS: OK
<Jan> JT: OK
<Jan> JT: Editorial change needed to the end, but OK with intent
suggest "session time limits expire"\
<Jan> Resolution: All agree to (with editorial tweak at the end) A.3.2.1 Auto-Save (Minimum): The authoring tools does not include session time limits or the authoring tool can automatically save edits made before the session time limits.
<Jan> JR: "A.3.3.1 Static View Option: If an editing-view can play visual time-based content, then playing is not necessarily automatic upon loading the content and playing can be paused. (Level A)"
<Jan> "A.3.3.1 Static View Option: If an editing-view can play visual time-based content, then playing is not necessarily automatic upon loading the content and playing can be paused. (Level A)"
<Jan> 2.3.2 Three Flashes: Web pages do not contain anything that flashes more than three times in any one second period. (Level AAA)
<Jan> Resolution: All agree with "A.3.3.1 Static View Option: If an editing-view can play visual time-based content, then playing is not necessarily automatic upon loading the content and playing can be paused. (Level A)"
<Jan> AL: OK with it
<Jan> TB: No objections
<Jan> Resolution: All agree to combine B232 and B233 as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013AprJun/0062.html

(MR) JAN RICHARDS