RE: ATAG2 Action item re: documenting features

Hi Tim,

> Minor Questions: Do the categories taken together cover all possible features of the authoring tool?

I think so, because we start with the inclusive "For each authoring tool feature" and then carve out the exceptions. I suppose the question for the group is really, should there be any other exceptions?

> Do they overlap at all!

Yes - a feature might be explained in the UI and the documentation, so it's an inclusive OR.

> I assume for c that the feature (service) is explained (documented) elsewhere?

One would hope, but even if it isn't on a particular platform, it's an issue of division of responsibility. Applications shouldn't have to document their platforms.

> Also what constitutes a sufficient explanation for testing purposes?

That would be hard to specify normatively. We can provide a bit more information in the informative intent. BTE: There similar requirement in the new draft Section 508 refresh (http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/refresh/draft-rule.htm#_Toc310327603)

Cheers,
Jan
--
(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.