From: Jeanne Spellman [mailto:jeanne@w3.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:12 AM
To: Greg Pisocky
Cc: Richards, Jan; w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Subject: Re: ATAG 2.0 conformance testing - question about test case format

Jan, Jutta and I have been discussing leveraging the effort we will be
putting into testing ATAG implementations for Candidate Review, so that
we will end up with test cases that can be shared publicly. In my
opinion, we can maximize the impact of ATAG 2.0 by making it easy for
tool developers to just import our ATAG test cases into their existing
Quality Assurance platform.

Our plan is to set up a sample that you can take to your QA departments
and see if it will work for them.  This is an area where I don't have a
lot of good information about commercial QA testing platforms and what
is required for importing test cases.

Right now, we are giving you a heads-up that this information will be
coming and allow you some warning to start setting up contacts with your
QA department heads or other appropriate people who will have
information about your internal QA testing system.

I don't want to use the old ATAG 1 formats. There are some new formats
coming from WAI Evaluation Tools group, that I hope I can share shortly,
but we do not have to be tied to them.

jeanne