From: w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Jan Richards
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 4:12 PM
To: WAI-AUWG List
Subject: ATAG2:Clarifying that conformance claims are optional in B.2.1.1

Hi all,

The current wording of B.2.1.1 links to the conformance claim section to
explain the concepts of included and excluded technologies with no
clarification that conformance claims are optional. I propose we add that:

PROPOSED NEW WORDING:

B.2.1.1 Decision Support: If the authoring tool provides authors with a
choice between web content technology options, then the following
information is provided for each option: (Level A) [Implementing B.2.1.1]
(a) General Information: general information about the accessibility of
the technology to end users; and
(b) For "Included Technologies": information on the accessible content
support features provided for that technology by the authoring tool; and
(c) For "Excluded Technologies": both a warning that choosing that
technology may result in web content accessibility problems and
information on alternative included technologies (if available).
NOTE: If a conformance claim is made, the claim cites the Included and
Exclude technologies.

CURRENT WORDING:

B.2.1.1 Decision Support: If the authoring tool provides authors with a
choice between web content technology options, then the following
information is provided for each option: (Level A) [Implementing B.2.1.1]
(a) General Information: general information about the accessibility of
the technology to end users; and
(b) For "Included Technologies": for technologies included in a
conformance claim, information on the accessible content support
features provided for that technology by the authoring tool; and
(c) For "Excluded Technologies": for technologies excluded from a
conformance claim, both a warning that choosing that technology may

--
(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.
jan.richards@utoronto.ca | 416-946-7060

Adaptive Technology Resource Centre (ATRC)
Faculty of Information | University of Toronto