From: w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Jutta Treviranus
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 3:11 PM
To: Jeanne Spellman; AUWG; jan.richards@utoronto.ca
Subject: proposed definition of an authoring tool

I multi-tasked and made an attempt at the definition of an authoring tool:

"ATAG 2.0 defines an authoring tool as any tool, components of a tool
or collection of software components that an author can interact with
to create, modify or construct Web content to be used by other
people. ATAG applies to the authoring choices the authoring tool
presents to the author and the authoring choices under the control of
the authoring tool.

This includes creating, modifying or choosing:
Templates,
Stylesheets
Controls
Scripts or applets