cite="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Nov/0354.html">

  To: public-html <public-html@w3.org>
From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 02:56:19  0100
Subj: HTML 5 Authoring Guidelines Proposal

Hi,

   I thought it would be worthwhile getting started on this and
presenting a proposal.  So I wrote up a brief proposal for HTML 5
Authoring Guidelines and checked it into CVS.  At this stage, it's very
rough draft and effectively just an outline of how it could be written.

http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/

</quote>

i am a member of the HTML WG and currently serve as the liaison between
the HTML WG and the AUWG and UAWG -- MichaelC is also involved in (or at
least closely monitors) HTML5 work, and he has done an excellent job
of keeping tabs on developments in that arena as they may affect WCAG
and ARIA; i think it is essential at this point in the process, that the
AU, GL and UA working groups (and possibly the EO working group)
immediately step forward and offer to participate in the drafting of:

* Authoring Guidelines for HTML5
* Authoring Tool Conformance Requirements for HTML5
* User Agent Conformance Requirements for HTML5

we have an opportunity to be present at the creation, and it is our
role as W3C working groups to provide guidance to the HTML WG in the 3
areas listed above, especially when it comes to integrating accessibility,
usability, and interoperability into W3C technical specifications... we
need to have a seat at the tables where and a voice in the process when
these issues are discussed and determined, so that accessibility concerns
and the importance of the end user experience (over implementor/developer
convenience) are considered from the very beginning, so that the
requirements and guidelines reflect a bottom-up, rather than a trickle
down approach to problem solving...

please let me know how i, as a member of the HTML working group, as well
as 1 of 6 delegates to the joint forms/html task force on forms, can be
of assistance, other than constantly pointing the HTML WG in the direction
of the user agent and authoring tool activities working groups, and
periodically forwarding information which i believe to be of immediate
import...

gregory.
The more things are forbidden, the more popular they become.
                                               -- Mark Twain
Gregory J. Rosmaita: oedipus@hicom.net
     Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
        Oedipus' Online Complex: http://my.opera.com/oedipus